Tuesday, January 15

Jennifer Love Hewitt is my new hero


I was really pissed off when the media called Jennifer Love Hewitt fat. They were talking about the photos of her on a beach in a bikini, with her full breasts, womanly hips, and curves. Oh my god, she looks like a real woman, and they were calling her fat.

I am so glad that I'm not a teenager in this day and age. But I do feel afraid for all those young girls out there who are eating this media crap up and thinking they have to be skinny, sickly looking twigs in order to be considered beautiful.

I love Love Hewitt's response to the media crap:

"I’ve sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women’s bodies are constantly scrutinized. To set the record straight, I’m not upset for me, but for all the girls out there that are struggling with their body image. A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn’t make you beautiful. What I should be doing is celebrating some of the best days of my life and my engagement to the man of my dreams, instead of having to deal with photographers taking invasive pictures from bad angles. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini - put it on and stay strong."

Love Hewitt is a size 2 and is about 5' 4" tall. She's a SIZE 2 and is being called fat. I'm a size 10, does that make me obese?

Women need to start fighting back about this weight thing. Especially women in Hollywood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Thanks for dropping by :)
Yes, I am glad that I am not a teenager :):).
Come over to my new site
www.seaykopitiam.com
Love the 40's something theme. I am 46 :) and weight 150lbs. Fat and old :). ha ha ah ah
Jamy

TZT said...

It's true - today's beauty standards are completely out of hand. JLH's response is one of the best I've heard from a celebrity - a far cry from people like Elizabeth Hurley who said she'd kill herself if she ever became as heavy as Marilyn Monroe a few years ago. (I've disdained her ever since I heard that.)

Great blog!